I bought my first bottle of organic apple cider vinegar after reading a Twitter post.I'll wait a few moments while you compose yourself.
The conversation (that's what Twitter is for, having conversations 140 characters at a time) started among @OaklandCtyMoms, @DADiaperBank and @OKE_News. Someone mentioned ovehearing a conversation about apple cider vinegar and weight loss.
It was close to New Year's. I felt bloated and uncomfortable inside my own skin. After a month of over-eating, I was vulnerable. Still, while everybody else started, I procrastinated. It wasn't until an impromptu trip to the grocery store required passing the salad dressing aisle that I finally picked up a bottle of Bragg .
Yes, even the brand name on the bottle sounds a little odd. But more than a month has passed, and some interesting things have happened.
First time out, I maimed the back of my throat. Took a tablespoonful straight, I did, thinking it would be like downing a shot of liquor. Au contraire, mon ami. Dilute,dilute, dilute. The bottle recommends 8 ounces of water. I'd go 12.
During the first week, I gained four pounds. That turned out to be a hormonal anomaly; however, I still haven't lost any weight. I'll be honest, I'm a little disappointed. The directions on the bottle say to take a couple of teaspoons three times a day, and I've only taken it morning and evening. So maybe that's the problem. Or maybe a person has to exercise, too. I don't know.
I do know I feel lighter. I seem to have more energy, more positive energy. And a mild case of rosacea on my face has cleared up.
A friend sent me a link to buzzle.com, and there I learned apple cider vinegar has been used as a remedy since the time of Hippocrates, around 400 B.C.
Apple cider vinegar is made from fresh ripe apples that are fermented and undergo a stringent process to create the final product. The vinegar contains a host of vitamins, beta-carotene, pectin and vital minerals such as potassium, sodium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorous, chlorine, sulphur, iron, and fluorine.The article lists a number of ailments and deficiencies that might be remedied by this magic elixir, and my inner skeptic had a field day with those. I always have a hard time with "cure-all" remedies. Nothing is that good.
Still, I can't argue with one inescapable fact: I feel better. Better than I did a month ago. And the only thing I've done differently is apple cider vinegar.
Scoff if you must. Giggle, chortle, cackle. I will understand if you can't bring yourself to swallow what tastes for all the world like something I should be using to dye Easter eggs.
But there's something to this.
--JH-G
1 comment:
Vinegar helps the digestion process, and increases the feeling of satiety, which is helpful for weight loss. Vinegar helps the body absorb more nutrients from greens, and with hard to digest foods such as lentils, beans, etc.
Post a Comment