Sunday, December 6, 2009

Together, we can do more to change Michigan

In this holiday season, we're all doing more with less, aren't we? People who have are digging deeper, to help those who have not. More and more, the parties to which I have been invited include a request for donations of clothing, toys, food and other items to be donated to the host's favorite charity. If you're planning an event, I encourage you to do the same thing - especially if you're also struggling a bit this year.

I truly believe we have more power when we act together, than when we go it alone. In this holiday season, every can of food, every single toy, every bit of hope and help makes a difference. And so it is with The White House Project. Every dollar contributed to this non-partisan organization trains women who wish to move into positions of leadership, whether as a political candidate, a campaign worker, a public voice or public servant. However we wish to contribute, Shannon Garrett and her team are there to support us. (To learn more about The White House Project's workshops and training programs, visit http://www.thewhitehouseproject.org/ )

Like our friends hosting parties, I'm asking everyone I know to contribute whatever they can to this wonderful organization. I believe the more women we train to lead, the more our voices will be heard in our communities, our counties, our state and beyond. I have been so blessed to receive support for women of all ages and political leanings, and I'm well on the way to raising $1,000 by the end of the year. A very special thanks to everyone who has contributed thus far, your support means so much!


Won't you join us in training more women to help meet Michigan's challenges?
  • Drop a check or money order payable to The White House Project into an envelope addressed to Michigan Women's Forum, P.O. Box 921, Farmington MI 48332-0921. I'll forward all contributions to Shannon Garrett, The White House Project's Michigan director.
  • Go to The White House Project donation site:
    https://secure2.convio.net/twhp/site/Donation2?df_id=1420&1420.donation=form1 to make a donation of any amount. Under "Please credit this gift to", enter "Joni Hubred-Golden".




No comments: