A head with a drill bit pushed into it. A cow walking away with a tray of food balanced on its back.
A basketball player propelled by a stack of hearts toward a winning goal.
Not exactly the kinds of images one might expect in a book about achieving excellence. And yet in Kimberly Kassner's You're a Genius and I Can Prove It!, they seem a natural fit. Kassner helps readers tap the rich depths of EmpowerMind, a fascinating world that is less philosophy and more lifestyle, less rote and more emote, less force and more natural. It has taken Kassner all across the U.S., to help students of all ages unlock their full potential by recognizing their own personal learning styles.
The book is written in both Kassner's voice and that of "Hacker," a star high school student who took Kassner's EmpowerMind workshop. Kassner rolls with passion and excitement through page after page of information about the way our brains function and exercises that tap into those natural rhythms. Hacker breaks up each chapter by interjecting thoughts Kassner may have "forgotten," and he explains how the techniques have worked in his own life, adding an element of fun and an authenticity to the material.
Rather than focusing solely on skill building, You're a Genius and I Can Prove It! puts readers more in touch with themselves. Alongside techniques for boosting memory and tapping the power of the subconscious mind, you'll find a script to help you relax and find your own "wise person" and advice about using the power of love to help you learn. Education is no longer defined by competing for grades and managing the input and output of information, but rather the use of every available faculty in the process of enriching your life.
It's been a few weeks since I read this book, and I am still amazed that in about 15 minutes, I was able to repeat a list of 20 words, backwards and forwards, without peeking or making a single mistake. Sure, I now have an image in my head that includes a kite-flying horse.
But to tell you the truth, that's half the fun.
Order You're a Genius-- And I Can Prove It!: Unlock Your Natural Ability to Achieve Excellence
Watch our interview with Kimberly Kassner on Michigan Women's Forum public access cable.
Get more information about empowermind.com












No comments:
Post a Comment