Four years ago, I bought a car with a sunroof.
This being the Great White North, I knew it would be open only a few months during the year, but it came with the car I could afford. As though it meant to entice me, the sun seemed to come out more often than ever that first summer, and even on into the fall. When the temperature dipped below 30 degrees, I slid the inside cover back in place.
Sun roof season was over.
On January 2 of this new year, on a day as bright and sunny as any day in summer, it occurred to me I might be missing out on something.
Sure, the air froze the hairs in my nose. Yes, I had to manhandle my frozen car door to get it to open.
But the sun was blinding bright, the sky was my favorite shade of blue. And my car has a really good heater.
So when I ventured out to bring my DH a sub for lunch, I hit the sun roof button. And of course, the blasted thing wouldn't budge. Took a little driving around with the heat cranked and the blowers turned upward, but eventually, it slid back. And I had the time of my life.
Now I always enjoy the sun, even when the weather isn't perfect.
Now I always enjoy the sun, even when the weather isn't perfect.
Joni Hubred-Golden
Publisher
Publisher
Send press releases, comments, suggestions and story ideas:
1 comment:
Great metaphor for life!
Post a Comment