It's been a while since I shared #Follow recommendations. The problem is, I'm one of those people who doesn't want to offend anybody. So I would start making a list, and then it would get way too long, and I would stop and start over.
I realized that I was over-complicating a very simple idea, because I'm kind of a people-pleaser. I worry a lot about what people think of me. I was afraid that I would leave someone out who has been good to me via conversation or re-tweets.
And that's when I knew I had started taking this all too seriously.
So I am at work on some Twitter Lists I hope you'll take a look at and consider adding to your tweep territory. And here are some tweeps I enjoy following who spend their time in the Michigan business world. If you own a business or would like to, I think you'll find them helpful and interesting to follow.
@InforumMi
Shares interesting information about women in business and leadership, not to mention this Michigan business organization was just featured in Forbes. Even if you're not a member, you'll learn something.
@GardnerWhite & @barbtronstein
These folks are breaking into social media the right way, sharing informatino about their company but also becoming part of the Twitter community. Interesting to follow, and every now and then, a little bonus info for shoppers...
@ljlynch
Gotta love how much she loves Lansing. And her business offers fixed fee computer repairs - who could ask for anything more?
@verdelifestyles
Follow these folks for all things green. They're generous with information and Twitter luuuv.
@BeverlyCornell
So many interesting tweets, about Detroit, Michigan and the world beyond. Plus, the background on her page is really interesting.
@indiebizchicks
With a bio like this - "for women who'd rather work for themselves than work for the man" - you know the covnersation's going to be interesting.
@blissmonger
A talented artist who shares the best of her own Twitter stream, as well as her own posts and links to images of her gorgeous jewelry.
@MarilynSuttle
Every business owner has a customer or client who drives them a little crazy. Marilyn's tweets provide lots of solid advice and helpful links for dealing with your "Gladys."
@CherylHeppard
Cheryl posts on nutritional and social media topics, from the perspective of a well-trained professional. Always information I know I can trust.
@sknygrydg07
Great conversation, generous, helpful and I am SO jealous of her lists - they look so neat and orderly.
@MaureenFrancis
As a realtor, she has an eye for interesting information about the Detroit area and Michigan, as well as being a friendly and generous tweep.
I'm off to work on my lists. Next up: Well, you'll just have to wait and see, won't you?
No comments:
Post a Comment