A few weeks ago, I saw this post on a friend's Facebook page:"Im thinking about my friend Elaine Grohman, and her very first book & book signing at the Civic theater this Thursday @7....then afterglow at Legato @ 8pm...come join us!"
A little Googling brought me to Elaine's Web site and the nagging feeling that I needed to attend the event and buy a copy of her book. Ten percent of the proceeds from sales that evening would support The Sky Foundation, whose creator I knew and had profiled for Michigan Women's Forum. I remembered Sheila Kasselman talking about how she worked with a healer during her treatment for pancreatic cancer.
And the title intrigued me: The Angels and Me: Experiences of receiving and sharing divine communications. Since meeting my Jewish husband seven years ago, I have become a spiritual seeker. And here was a spiritual experience happening, with the opportunity to bless an organization I believed in, all just a block from my front door.
My DH and I settled into the Civic's comfy, rocking chairs as Elaine began to speak. What struck me most was her down-to-earth demeanor, her complete lack of pretense. I had a feeling she was on stage just as she was at home, genuine and funny and kind, filled with a sense of joy about work that, at times, must be emotionally draining. She read from the book two heart-touching stories that affirmed her connection with the angels, through experiences with people who were dying or had already passed. She knew details impossible for her to have guessed, shared intimate knowledge of people she had never known.
I will admit to embracing a healthy dose of skepticism when it comes to people who say they speak with angels or receive messages from the dead. Elaine Grohman is the real deal. The experiential stories all confirm she has a genuine gift for speaking with angels. That's important, because of what else is in the book.
Before she does angel readings with groups, Elaine sits down and writes out a message from the angels for the entire group. She shares these in The Angels and Me, and even if you aren't particularly interested in learning more about the experience of energy healing, these messages are for you. They are for all of us. The unquestionable truth of her individual experiences in each chapter extends to these pages as well.
I will not share a word of what's in The Angels & Me, because I want you to read it for yourself. In these days of stress and rage and war, these times when everything seems to be moving at the speed of light and so much about our lives reeks of disappointment and frustration, the words she shares from the angels are exactly what we need.
--JH-G
No comments:
Post a Comment